This Policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website therepairdepot.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to the information that we collect on this Website, as well as the information that we collect through e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website or between you and other forms of social media, including Facebook and Twitter. Please read the Policy carefully before you start to use the Website. By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including formation:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• That is about you but does not identify you individually; and
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collection this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us via the Website, or other methods such as e-mail subscriptions or registrations for events like trade shows.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website or other social media may include
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or other social media, including Facebook or Twitter. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, any accounts that are created through our Website, subscribing to our e-mails or newsletters, posting materials, or purchasing or requesting further services, support, or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your corresponding (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; this may include credit card information and details regarding the purchase, such as electronic device serial numbers.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or other social media, or transmitted to other users of the Website, other social media, or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. And, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or other social media with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
Our Website, newsletters or emails (sometimes sent by a third-party on our behalf), and other products and services have features that automatically collect information from customers in order to deliver content specific to customers’ interests and to honor their preferences. This information assists us in creating products and services that will serve the needs of our customers. We may use this information to tailor services to your interests or to contact you about offers from our business associates that may be of interest to you. Specifically, we gather information relating to the date and time a user visits the Website, as well as their browser type, navigation history, and IP address. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies). A Cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, Cookies benefit the user by requiring login only once, thereby saving time while on our Website. If users reject the cookies, they may be limited in the use of some areas of our web site.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, or Clear gifs). We may use web beacons, pixel tags, or clear gifs to count users who have visited pages via our Website or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Information About You.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
• To process your claims.
• To service your policies and claims.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in the Policy:
• With your consent.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TRD’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TRD about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
• To fulfill the purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TRD, our customers or others.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to Us. You may control your information by:
Contacting Us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other personal contact information used by TRD to promote our products or services, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you provided to us. To delete your personal information, we may have to delete your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, please note that copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at Attn: Legal Department, 1337 S. Western Rd., Stillwater, OK 74074.
Contact Information. To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.